Wednesday, December 7, 2011

UK Online Fashion Week - Tuesday

Tuesday 6th December

The Oxfam Boys


OXFAM.ORG.UK is calling on some famous friends this week to reveal their experiences with the charity and to recommend their top pick from its online shop. Up today are Henry Holland and David Gandy:

This year you both ran the London marathon for Oxfam. Tell us about your experiences:
David Gandy: I have to be honest, the marathon wasn't something I ever considered. I'm not exactly a typical runner size, therefore when the opportunity arose, I knew it was going to be one of my toughest challenges to date and it certainly was. The training was almost impossible, as I was constantly travelling for work and if I wasn't travelling I was constantly trying to remedy injuries that kept occurring during the hard winter months training. Running within the Oxglam team was the highlight for me - the camaraderie  before, during and after the run was very special.
I'm so pleased we managed to raise so much money for so many fantastic projects in Africa run by Oxfam and that's what inspired me to run through the last seven miles of cramp, pain and embarrassment of being overtaken by the amazing guy who ran the entire 26 miles backwards!
What would you buy from the Oxfam shop?
david gandy OFW 01 DEC11
David Gandy: I love double-breasted suits at the moment and this YSL is no exception. The broad-cut shoulders and wide lapels look fantastic. I believe it's also a wool-blend, so it's a slightly more relaxed/casual look. It would probably need a little bit of taking in here and there, but can be dressed up with a tie and down with a T-shirt. Even though I am not usually an advocate of designers or labels, having the iconic YSL label for £80 is a huge appeal.



David Gandy's Wish List


morgan V 23nov11
1. A Morgan three-wheeler - Mix together one of the only true British motor companies left, recreate one of their most iconic British machines, make it available in British spitfire paintwork and you have something truly, unconventionally brilliant. I want one so much it hurts.

tomsweeney V 23nov112. A Thom Sweeney suit - In most cases it is not difficult to spot a great tailored suit, however it's almost impossible to tell the tailor or brand of the suit without looking at the label.  Kilgour and Tom Ford have, however, managed to design suits that are instantly recognisable to the eye with amazing quality, cut and style.  The only other people that can now be added to this distinguished few, is Thom Sweeney. I have one of their suits and frankly want to wear it over anything else in my wardrobe. If I could have seven TS suits for each day of the week, I would.
www.thomsweeney.co.uk

frenchouse V 23nov113. I spend a lot of time on antique/vintage and furniture websites either looking for myself, or helping find pieces for people who ask. The French House is one of my and favourites and the pair of oak fronted Tambour storage units is my favourite item on there at the moment.
www.thefrenchhouse.co.uk

0 comments:

Post a Comment